Updated July 17th, 2020
GIMLI YACHT CLUB COVID-19 BULLETIN – Stage 1-4
This document represents the current rules in effect at the club. For clarity it has been updated to include all of the stages in one place. This document will be updated as restrictions are relaxed or tightened by the Public Health Authorities.
Members shall always maintain a safe distance from each other of at least two metres or 6.5 feet and comply with all Public Health directives.
The following rules have been put in place to 1. Protect our members from any health risks at this time and 2. To ensure that the club is compliant with Public Health Orders.
Please note that public health has published sanctions for non-compliance with their most recent order. Sanctions include individual fines of $486 and corporate fines of $2,542 and more. (see Sanctions Below)
Updated Bulletin (Effective July 17th, 2020)
- Members must stay home when ill and are not allowed entry if they are ill with COVID-19 symptoms. If in doubt use the Pre-screening tool to determine your eligibility to participate. https://sharedhealthmb.ca/covid19/screening-tool/
- Members are required to maintain physical distancing of 2 metres or 6.5 feet from other members at all times.
- All members or visitors visiting their boats are required to read this directive.
- The North Buildings (Office, Spinnaker Lounge, Kitchen, Accessible Washroom, Children’s Room, and Utility Rooms) except for the washrooms, remain strictly closed at this time.)
- Members should bring a mask, their own hand sanitizer and other personal hygiene products to the club.
- All members using the washrooms shall wear protective masks when entering the club front door and while in the washrooms. The washroom door handle and the building front door handle shall be cleaned.
- Each member will be responsible for cleaning all surfaces touched after each visit to the washroom.
- A maximum of three members may enter the Female or Male washrooms at any one time. No member shall wait in the Hallway outside of the washrooms. If three members are present in the washrooms and shower area please wait outside on the deck before entering the building.
- Club members may use the BBQ’s providing they bring their own cutlery, plates and glasses. BBQ’s must be wiped down with the cleanser provided. The kitchen remains closed.
- The following activities will be permitted:
- Club Benches may be used provided they are distanced 6’ apart and users maintain a 6 foot social distance.
- The club Crane will be open under the crane supervisor’s supervision.
- All members craning shall wear protective masks while in the crane area and working within close proximity to each other. Hand sanitizer and cleaning solvents will be available. All equipment touched must be cleaned after craning.
- The crane supervisor’s word is final.
- Club Kayaks, Paddle Boards and Boats may be used. Hand sanitizer and cleaning solvents will be available. All equipment touched must be cleaned after use.
- Pursuit Races 3.5 hours or less will be permitted.
- Sailing School will be permitted as per Sail Manitoba’s Best Practices Guidelines– See Sail Manitoba’s Best Practices
- Wednesday Night Racing will be permitted
- Races over 3.5 hours in length are not permitted at this time.
- The North Building - Spinnaker Lounge and North Dining Room may be used for sanctioned club social functions only, providing volunteers thoroughly clean the room after the function is complete. Social distancing must be maintained at all times. Masks must be worn when entering the building and any time social distancing is impossible.
- The Club Office will be open to the Club Manager, the Sailing School staff and race officials only. Masks shall be worn when more than two people are present in the office.
The implementation of further openings will be dependent on Provincial Government Directives and how we behave as a group. Remember we are wearing our Masks out of respect for our fellow members health. Masks may be purchased from Kayden Polachek.